Sunday, May 3, 2015

Welcome to The MAG Segment

Hello and Greetings!

Hi there! I'm Keith and this is The MAG Segment. This is a companion blog for my Facebook group MAG.

What's MAG you might ask? MAG is short for Monthly Andersch Gaming. What's "Andersch" you also may ask? Well, my last name that has been passed down through the ages (I can only assume that is true unless one day Anderson was misread as Andersch). I live near Seattle, WA and we currently meet at my home.

I have been looking to play games from my library more often than once every six months. I figure inviting people to my place (and locking the door) to game was the best way to do this. MAG 1.0 happened on April 11, 2015. I made food. We played games. There were winners and there were losers, but I think everyone had fun.

MAG is monthly and that's a long time in between sessions. I figured that I could fill in the gaps with some writing about games and the Facebook group was born. The group is closed but I'm happy to have fellow table top gamers into the mix. 

There is a plethora of similar sites out on the interwebs with similar information. I'm here to make that my own. Below is a list of things that you can expect from this blog:

  • How to play
  • History of games
  • You gotta play!
    • Reviews on games you must play, in my library or not
  • Opinions
  • Upcoming events
  • Places for Gaming 
    • Included events and game store reviews
  • In the Library
    • Reviews on games in my current library
I'd also be interested in doing a podcast, but hey, baby steps first.

While not a road map, it is a general direction of where I want to go. Stay tuned to the first post for "In the Library." It will be on the one game in my library that I have played the most; Munchkin!



No comments:

Post a Comment